Florence will be performing in a variety of locations, most of those being outside in order to create the nature-loving side of Florence and the Machine.
At the beginning of my video, there will be several short clips of Florence and her "love interest". These clips will set the passion/love/romance side of the music video and the lyrics.
There will also be clips of things such as running, sinking, churches and moons in order to help create a relationship between lyrics and visuals.
Storyboards:
The first half of the video will be shot in the day time, whereas the second half will be at night time. I want this contrast for my video to represent the Heaven and Hell lyrics, but also to show the change in music, as in the second half of the song the music gets a lot louder and faster.
Some clips in my video will be cut to the beat, and I will also try to convey the speed of the music by clip length, so for example the clips for the verses will be longer than clips for the chorus.
In the video I will try to convey Florence's style through my clothing and accessories.
I have decided to wear a long, flowing dress, similar to ones that Florence would wear. It of a dark blue colour, helping to represent water and the river lytics, but also keeping to the dark colour schemes that run through most of Florence and the Machine's videos.

I am going to wear nail varnish, as she is very rarely seen without wearing any. When shooting outside, I will wear a big coat and fur lined leather gloves, which are seen as glamorous and vintage.

No comments:
Post a Comment