Locations:
I visited several different places that I felt could be possible shot locations. Here are some pictures -
I want quite dark, mystical surroundings in my video in order to fit in with the song. I would like some shots to be outside and nature inspired, as I know that Florence is very in touch with nature, as shown by her videos and also her live performances where flowers cover the stage and her microphone stand.
I visited several different places that I felt could be possible shot locations. Here are some pictures -
I want quite dark, mystical surroundings in my video in order to fit in with the song. I would like some shots to be outside and nature inspired, as I know that Florence is very in touch with nature, as shown by her videos and also her live performances where flowers cover the stage and her microphone stand.
Costumes:
For my costumes I will need to take influence from what Florence Welsh tends to wear. She dresses in very unusual, artistic clothes that you don't see on generic pop stars.I have found that her outfits vary depending on what situation she is in, so she is not that consistent.
When performing, she wears long 'floaty' dresses and is usually bare foot.
However, in promotional shots, she tends to wear bizarre but trendy outfits. Usually they are quite revealing.

In music videos her outfits greatly vary, such as in Drumming Song.
In the video she wears shorts, with floaty material on her top half. The colours are dark, mainly black and blue.
For my video I want quite dark colours, such as black, blue, bottle green or crimson.
Make-up and props:
Florence doesn't tend to wear that much makeup, but instead she accessorizes her outfits with quirky jewellery, for example in the picture below she has a glittery mask on, which is from the video for Drumming Song.
I will save wearing extravagant and quirky make-up for my ancillary tasks, as this is where Florence tends to dress up the most. In most images she has very dark eye shadows on, and often she will wear lipstick.
Florence is well known for her "fiery red hair" and her care-free attitude, which I will try to convey that the best I can in my music video.
Concepts:
To help me create possible concepts that I could use in my music video, I created a Mood Board consisting of words and phrases that I felt were related to the song and the original video.
I have been adding to this Mood Board, and it has enabled me to produce several ideas already, such the use of dark colours and including a boy in the video who would help to represent the passionate sign of the lyrics.
In this promotional shot of Florence below, and the still from the video "Starry Eyed" by Ellie Goulding, they have their hands covered in sequins.

I really like this concept, and I think it would fit into my video with the "sweeter than Heaven" and "hotter than Hell" lyrics.
Another idea is where there are clips throughout the performance of Florence (me) running through a forest in order to meet the boy she is passionately in love with. This will play with the strong passionate side of the song.
I like the concept of changing colours, perhaps of costume and, for the Heaven and Hell elements of the lyrics. For example, Heaven could be colours such as cream, and Hell could be colours such as black and crimson.
I want my video to be mainly performance based, but not live, which will mean I need to practise liy-syncing to the lyrics.









No comments:
Post a Comment