In order to gain more informative feedback I uploaded my video to Youtube and Facebook to gather more comments and opinions.
The results of this questionnaire showed a good general response.
I found that people felt the lip syncing was very good, and that the cuts were cleverly edited to the beat. They also felt that the length of clips kept pace with the music. Most people were shocked that I did all the filming with just a tripod and the editing by myself.
I found that people felt the lip syncing was very good, and that the cuts were cleverly edited to the beat. They also felt that the length of clips kept pace with the music. Most people were shocked that I did all the filming with just a tripod and the editing by myself.
Some 'Further Comments':
"I thought that the video was actually really good. All the short clips were really on time with the music and so was the lip-syncing."
"I like your video and I think the lip-syncing is really good, but I didn't really think it showed characteristics of an indie video".
"The video was awesome. All those little clips were edited well and very in time to the drumming."
"I loved the sequins on Florence's hands and the lip-syncing and the facial expressions. The song clings to the drum beat brilliantly."
"It was very well shot, cleverly edited and brilliantly performed. The slight
criticism come form the editing vision and the quality of the camera (which is not your fault). I feel there were some more cutaways needed in the first verse, but apart form that it was a very well shot music video."
"It was really good. It actually looked like you were the one singing the song!"
"I thought some of the images you used really linked to the lyrics which was cool. I particularly liked the art shots of the church. I felt that the music really moved with the mood of the song."
"It relates to FATM previous videos in a simlar surreal way but not as surreal due to the budget of this (which is understandable). But it sends a message through a story, not nessacirly in linear order but gives the audience the story and the message all the same."
Many people thought that it did reflect conventions of similar music videos and that it was slightly similar to Florence and the Machine videos, which is good because I was aiming for some orginality away from just copying their videos.
The results of my questionnaire also enabled me to go back and make some changes to it to improve my video.
"It relates to FATM previous videos in a simlar surreal way but not as surreal due to the budget of this (which is understandable). But it sends a message through a story, not nessacirly in linear order but gives the audience the story and the message all the same."
Many people thought that it did reflect conventions of similar music videos and that it was slightly similar to Florence and the Machine videos, which is good because I was aiming for some orginality away from just copying their videos.
The results of my questionnaire also enabled me to go back and make some changes to it to improve my video.
I realised that my audience feedback, although it was targetted at my target audience, it still had an age bias. To try and fix this and gain even broader opinions, I asked my mother to put my video on her Facebook so it would reach a larger audience.



No comments:
Post a Comment